Friday, December 18, 2009

How can I (a Unites States citizen) purchase olive oil futures contracts? Or bet on olive oil in general?

I believe that olive oil distributors and producers will do well in the future. I am a US citizen, and I would like to capitalize on this belief. The most direct possibility is to buy olive oil futures, but they appear to only be traded in Spain, and I don't know how to do it as a US citizen. Alternatively, perhaps there are individual stocks (US or foreign) that I could purchase. These should be of companies that would profit if the demand for olive oil increases.How can I (a Unites States citizen) purchase olive oil futures contracts? Or bet on olive oil in general?
If it still trades in Spain, try setting up an account at http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/mai… . I have heard that they do a good job. Pretty much an online experience however, not much hand holding.





Consider importing Olive Oil and creating your own brand. I love the stuff, but don't see any US traded commodities. You could also hit the supermarket and copy down all the brand names. Then look for companies that have Olive Oil as the major product.
  • windows web server
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment